I’ve been teaching feng shui for over 30+ years now, and I have several feng shui workshops and talks such as:
• feng shui for business and homes
• feng shui logo design and branding
• feng shui for gardens
• your home is a metaphor
• feng shui for interior designers
• spiritual feng shui
I’m giving a talk on Spiritual Feng Shui for the Feng Shui Society on Saturday, 10 July 2021, in London.
Please contact me if you’re interested in me giving a feng shui workshop or talk for you or your organisation.
Watch Jan giving talks on feng shui
Speed Feng Shui – feng shui for busy people
A talk by the feng shui consultant Jan Cisek presented at the Feng Shui Society Conference on the 6th February 2010.
Speed is the key trend now. Time is the currency of life, not money. We have speed reading, speed dating, speed shrinking and now it’s time to have speed feng shui. It’s for people who don’t have much time for such things but still want to improve their environments with feng shui.
“Mr. Jan Cisek held a very successful feng shui seminar on the premises of Ericsson Austria in Vienna in May 1999. Approximately 50 people attended and were pleased with his highly effective and entertaining teaching methods. Individual consultations followed the seminar and were very much appreciated by the participants. Jan has shown exceptional dedication and a profound understanding of both the subject matter and the needs of the participants . It was a real pleasure to have him as a guest speaker in Vienna.” Dr. Sepp Leimgruber, Managing Director, Ericsson Austria
FENG SHUI GARDENS: ENHANCING INNER AND OUTER LANDSCAPES
Feng shui (wind-water), a time-honoured practice of holistic interior design, has been utilised worldwide for over 3000 years. Its purpose is to minimise and mitigate environmental stressors while maximising positive aspects in homes, gardens, and workplaces.
This practical class will explore applying feng shui to your outdoor garden spaces, as well as at homes and workplaces. By blending the traditional wisdom of feng shui and biophilia with the science of environmental psychology, you will develop a deeper understanding of how gardens and nature impact you on various levels – physical, emotional, mental and transpersonal.
You will gain practical knowledge in the following areas:
1. Key feng shui principles: chi/qi, yin and yang, the five elements, the Bagua model, and more.
2. Application of environmental psychology and biophilia to outdoor and indoor gardens.
3. Techniques to enhance your wellness, mitigate modern environmental stressors, and boost personal and professional growth through plants and garden features.
4. Practical tips for tailoring and aligning your inner and outer gardens to meet your specific needs and desires.
Bring plans/photos for your gardens, indoor and outdoor.
Discover the profound synergy between nature, garden design, and the human spirit as you embark on this enlightening adventure with Jan Cisek. Learn how to cultivate harmony and balance in your surroundings and unlock the boundless potential of feng shui for your gardens to enrich your personal and professional life.
Jan Cisek (MSc, FSSA) is an experienced environmental psychologist, world-leading, evidence-based feng shui expert with over 40 years of expertise. Currently pursuing a PhD in feng shui, Jan’s research focuses on how nature promotes wellness and transpersonal values. More about Jan
YOUR HOME IS A METAPHOR
Robert Stetson Shaw once observed, “You don’t perceive something until the right metaphor allows you to see it.” This concept holds true in the practice of feng shui, where we frequently employ language models of metaphors. As powerful tools, metaphors possess the capacity to incite healing and change. Albert Einstein further underlines the potency of symbolic language, asserting, “Symbols hold the power to influence us not merely on an intellectual level, but on behavioural and emotional planes as well.” In this presentation, we will delve into the art of refining your language models and harnessing metaphors and symbols, drawing upon familiar examples from our daily environments – our homes.
As Eleanor Sandry remarked, “We anthropomorphise everything.” Humans are innately predisposed to infuse intent, emotions, and identities into a wide array of entities, from dolphins and houses to seemingly trivial objects like Microsoft’s paperclips or LEGO blocks. We bestow everyday objects with profound meanings, especially our immediate environments of homes and workplaces.
In this session, we will guide you through a journey of decoding your home using the lenses of metaphor and language. This exploration will not only augment your mastery of feng shui but also enable a greater understanding of how your environment, one of the most primary needs, can be optimised to yield desired outcomes.
This insightful presentation promises to be an enjoyable and illuminating experience, transforming the way you perceive your home and, indeed, yourself.
Participants of this workshop can expect the following learning outcomes:
1. Enhanced Understanding of Metaphors: Gain a deeper understanding of the role and power of metaphors in feng shui and their capacity to drive change and healing.
2. Symbolic Influence: Learn about the influential potential of symbols on intellectual, behavioural, and emotional levels.
3. Mastery of Language Models: Develop the skills to refine and effectively use language models, incorporating metaphors and symbols in their practice.
4. Insight into Anthropomorphism and Semiotics: Obtain a nuanced understanding of anthropomorphism and how humans inherently assign human traits, emotions, and intent to non-human entities.
5. Decoding Skills: Learn how to decode personal environments through the lenses of metaphor and language, leading to a greater understanding of their surroundings.
6. Application of Feng Shui Concepts: Understand how to integrate these concepts into your personal and professional life, thereby enriching your skillset and enhancing your mastery.
7. Environment Optimisation Techniques: Gain knowledge of how to optimize and prime their personal environments (such as their homes and workplaces) to better align with their goals and desired outcomes.
8. By the end of this workshop, participants will not only view their homes in a new light, but they will also have a transformed perception of themselves.
2-DAY FENG SHUI INTRODUCTION COURSE
During the 2-day feng shui introduction course, you will learn:
Overview of feng shui & how feng shui works
• Definitions of feng shui
• Purpose of feng shui
• History & different schools of feng shui
• The difference between feng shui and interior design
• Feng shui process
• How feng shui works
Feng shui principles, models, maps, advanced feng shui non-linear pattern recognition
• Energy (chi/qi/prana/charge)
• Factors affecting our energy
• Yin & yang
• 5 energies (intro)
• 5 animals (intro)
• Feng shui compass /Luo pan (intro)
• Feng shui metaphors
• I-ching (intro)
• Feng shui astrology (intro)
• How to do feng shui
Feng shui tools and resources
• 3 types of feng shui remedies
• Crystals, minerals
• Sparkling objects
• Wind-chimes, mobiles, sound
• Electric devices
• Heavy objects, sculptures
• Symbols, pictures, posters, photos
• Energising objects
• Space clearing, blessings, agnihotra
• Geopathic Stress (GS) harmonisers (intro)
• Feng shui methods and interventions
Aspects of feng shui
• External feng shui
• History of property
• Shapes and feng shui
• Feng shui of a house
• Feng shui of a workspace
• Feng shui of an office
• Timing in feng shui
• Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) (intro)
• Geopathic Stress (GS) (intro)
• Electro-magnetic (EMF) pollution (intro)
Feng shui consultation
1. An assessment of the client’s needs and issues.
2. A review of the history of the property.
3. Feng shui assessment of the property, dowsing for geopathic stress, checking electro-pollution.
4. Discussion of feng shui findings, definition of solutions and implementation plan.
5. Making immediate minor feng shui corrections to the property if possible (space clearing and geopathic stress harmonisation).
6. Follow up, fine-tuning feng shui consultation on the phone after 1-3 months.
What you will receive
• Diploma on completion of the One-day Feng Shui Introduction Course from The White Rose Feng Shui School
• Comprehensive feng shui handout with all the notes
A PROFESSIONAL FENG SHUI TRAINING in MODERN FENG SHUI
Total hours: a minimum of 200 hours, up to 400 hours of coursework, fieldwork, online and offline, including supervision and home study groups. Nine modules over one year course.
Remote, one-to-one feng shui course is available
MODULE 1 Introduction to modern feng shui
Unit 1: Types of feng shui; Classical and modern; Similarities and differences
MODULE 2 History of feng shui
Unit 1: History of classical feng shui; Form school; Flying star; Ba Zhai; Compass schools; Time aspects and astrological disciplines
Unit 2: History of modern feng shui; Public perceptions of feng shui
Unit 3: Evidence-based related disciplines; Environmental psychology; Cognitive ergonomics; Semiotics, Biophilia, Building Biology, Epigenetics, Priming, Wellness
MODULE 3 Key classical feng shui concepts
Unit 1: Qi / Chi / Prana / Charge
Unit 2: Yin & Yang
Unit 3: Five celestial animals
Unit 4: Five elements
Unit 5: Eight trigrams with early & late heaven sequence
Unit 6: Compass (Luo pan)
Unit 7: Bagua (compass and 3 door-gate)
Unit 8: Time aspects; Astrology
Unit 9: Heaven, Earth & Human
Unit 10: Directionology
MODULE 4 Modern feng shui aspects
Unit 1: Science and context; Definitions of feng shui; Difference between feng shui and interior design; Benefits
Unit 2: Psychology of feng shui and how it works; Placebo, Epigenetic, Priming
Unit 3: Person-centred feng shui practice
Unit 4: Electromagnetics; Science & context; Tools, interventions, measurements & application; Checklist
Unit 5: Geopathic stress; Science & context; Tools, interventions, measurements & application; Checklist
Unit 6: Space conditioning / space clearing; Clutter clearing; Science & context; Benefits; Tools, interventions, measurements & application; Checklist
Unit 7: Sick Building Syndrome (SBS); Science & context; Benefits; Tools, interventions, measurements & application; Checklist
MODULE 5 Application of feng shui
Unit 1: External factors
Unit 2: Historical factors
Unit 3: Shape of plots, buildings, rooms
Unit 4: House; Porch; Hall and landing; Staircases; Living room; Den; Dining room; Kitchen, Bedrooms; Bathrooms & toilets; Home office
Unit 5: Workspace / Office; Ergonomics; Desking; Layouts; Lighting; Air; Plants
Unit 6: Garden
Unit 7: Public spaces; Schools; Hospitals; Healthcare centres
Unit 8: Selling and buying properties
Unit 9: Basics of interior design
Unit 10: Checklist
MODULE 6 Feng shui interventions and tools
Unit 1: Types of feng shui interventions; Lighting; Mirrors; Crystals, minerals; Sparkling objects; Plants; Air; Water; Windchimes, mobiles, sound; Electric devices; Heavy objects, sculptures; Symbols; Images, pictures, posters, photos; Animals; Energising objects; Colour; Fire; Art
Unit 2: Space clearing; Clutter clearing
Unit 3: Blessings; Housewarming
Unit 4: Geopathic stress interventions
Unit 5: Electromagnetic stress solutions
Unit 6: Checklist
MODULE 7 Skills, Personal & Professional Development
Unit 1: Models; Maps; Pattern recognition; Gathering, sorting & processing information
Unit 2: Common sense; Multidimensional intuition; Developing reflective intelligence, Feng shui intelligence
Unit 3: Dowsing; Earth acupuncture
Unit 4: Characteristics of a good consultant
Unit 5: Consultation procedure; Intervention analysis & contraindications; Checklist
Unit 6: Consultation skills; Communication skills; Managing expectations
Unit 7: Rapport & communication skills; Dealing with contradictions, difficult cases and superstitions
MODULE 8: Modern feng shui practice
Unit 1: Report writing; Drawing plans; Reading architectural plans; Working with architects and interior designers
Unit 2: Admin; Fees; Insurance
Unit 3: Ethics; Professional conduct; Code of practice; Complaints and appeals
Unit 4: Marketing; Branding; Website; SEO
Unit 5: Future of modern feng shui
Unit 6: Resources; Books; Research; References
MODULE 9: Assessment
Unit 1: Assessment process; Course evaluation forms; External examiners
Unit 2: Portfolio
Unit 3: Written & oral exams
Unit 4: Classroom sessions logs & Attendance; Homegroup meetings
An overview of your modules and hours spent on each subject
A copy of your course evaluation forms
A copy of your student attendance register
A copy of your student record information
A copy of a qualifying student graduation certificate
A copy of your student assessment process
A copy of / link to promotional material
A copy of your teaching staff details
Payment of assessment processing fee
Dates & venue: TBC
Remote, one-to-one feng shui course is available
I also offer feng shui courses in Polish
• Co to jest psychologia środowiskowa?
• Cele i jak działa psychologia środowiskowa?
• Jak używać psychologii środowiskowej w architekturze i projektowaniu wnętrz
Semiotyka to dziedzina, która zajmuje się ogólną teorią znaków, percepcją i znaczeniem znaków, symboli, metafor oraz tworzeniem znaczenia. Nadajemy przedmiotom codziennego użytku i domom specjalne znaczenia. „Antropomorfizujemy wszystko” pisze Eleanor Sandry z Curtin University w Perth. Ludzie przenoszą percepcje, zamiary, emocje i nawet tożsamość na wszystko – od delfinów, do spinaczy firmy Microsoft, na klocki LEGO i oczywiście na domy. Winston Churchill powiedział, “Kształtujemy nasze domy a później one kształtują nas.” Znajomość semiotyki oraz jak ludzie postrzegają symbolicznie swoje domy jest bardzo przydatna dla architektów i projektantów wnętrz, żeby mogli tworzyć jeszcze lepsze projekty dla ludzi, firm i społeczeństwa.
Wielu architektów i projektantów wnętrz używa feng shui w swojej pracy. Największe firmy na świcie, takie jak Coca-Cola, Orange, HSBC, British Airways, Hiscox Insurance, Hilton Hotels, Marriott Hotels, BRE (Building Research Establishment), University of Westminster School of Architecture & the Built Environment, the UK NHS a także Hippodrome w Londynie, The Lucky Dragon Hotel, Casino and Bellagio Casino w Las Vegas i wiele innych używają feng shui żeby poprawić środowisko pracy, i było bardziej optymalne oraz pracowało lepiej dla pracowników i firmy a także dla społeczeństwa.