Space Clearing and Feng Shui
Feng shui as energetic management
The key concept in feng shui is energy (chi/qi/charge) management. Space clearing as a stand-alone discipline has the same goal and function. Modern feng shui recognises space clearing and incorporates it as an integral part of the holistic approach to managing, enhancing and balancing living or workplace spaces. People all over the world have an instinctive understanding of space clearing and many interventions and rituals to do so. But the science is catching up, with research about the concept called ‘space conditioning’ which basically covers space clearing. Researchers such as William A. Tiller, PhD; Walter E Dibble, Jr PhD; Michael J. Kohane, PhD looked into how space can hold memories. Celebrities, such as Robbie Williams and his wife employed a space clearing expert when they moved into their £17.5 million mansion in West London (a property previously owned by Michael Winner). Simon Cowell also used space clearing in his home in Los Angeles.
What is space clearing used for?
• selling properties
• buying properties
• moving to new properties
• shifting stuck energies or situations (looking for a relationship, divorce, etc)
• refreshing and boosting personal and business lives
• boosting your prosperity and wealth creation
• attracting a new partner or new employees
• completing projects
• events and celebrations such as weddings
• health matters such as better sleep or sleep problems
• getting your power back to the present moment
What is the difference between space clearing and feng shui?
“The power of intention alters matter – scientific proof that human intention raises local symmetry in the substratum of space.”
William A. Tiller, PhD (Physicist, Stanford University)
Space clearing interventions, practices and rituals
• cleaning and tidying up
• clearing geopathic stress (GS)
• removing dirty electricity (DE)
• candles and fire (plasma has some interesting cleansing properties and cold plasma is now used in the experimental treatment of cancer) – although candles and incense are used universally for space clearing, these days candles and incense are no recommended because of toxic fumes
• good lighting (be careful with the LED lights – research suggests that it’s not so good for our health)
• plants, especially air cleansing plants and ironising plants as well as cut flowers (biophila effect)
• air filters and ionisers (research suggests that negative ions boost health)
• water features
• water filters, ideally you should have a whole house water filter because you absorb more chlorine from showering than from drinking water because of water droplets. http://itdoesthejob.com/water/filtration/ Mention my name (Jan Cisek) and you’ll get 15% off the price.
• wind-chimes, bells, sounds and music which includes singing and chanting
• house-warming parties or just parties (yes, this is one of the best and fun ways to shift energies in your home or workplace because it includes several key space clearing practices such as music, singing, candles, gratitude and joy, connection, fun, etc)
• space clearing mists and aromatherapy
• meditation where one connects to space in order to evaluate it
• gratitude and blessing are part of connecting with the spirit of the place
• spiritual artefacts (such as Buddhas, saints, deities, protection amulets, etc) and spiritual practices
How does space clearing work?
Quantum physics informs us that people as observers can affect their environments and vice versa. Space conditioning as a scientific concept suggests the same. From the environmental psychology perspective, when we take control or charge over our immediate environments, in whatever ways, we feel better because we take physical steps to resolve problems. “Bringing in an expert and taking physical steps such as removing clutter, clearing spaces or doing rituals also creates a greater sense of control over what happens to us and that’s an innate need we all have as human beings, so it can feel really good. Some people might call this the placebo effect but neuroscience has proved positive thinking is significant because it means your brain works better when you feel calmer, making it easier for you to know what steps need to be taken to resolve the situation.” says psychotherapist Sarah Wall.
Feng shui = intention (40%) + energy (space clearing, 40%) + ritual (interventions 20%)
Space clearing as a way of getting your power back
When we have attachments to the past or imaginary future, we lose the power to create in the present moment. Any emotional or mental unfinished business can cost you your power. Starting small with simple space clearing or clutter clearing rituals will start you on your inner journey to declutter your mind and your heart and to let go of your attachments. So start small with clearing your closet or wardrobe or just one drawer. Get rid of things that you don’t need or love. Give them to charities. Every day, do something different and new and build on this. You will feel lighter, you will have more freedom and space and you will have more energy to create whatever you want to create.
The science behind space clearing
Science and Spiritual Practices: Transformative experiences and their effects on our bodies, brains and health, summaries how science helps validate some of the space clearing practices such as meditation, gratitude, connecting to nature (biophila effect), relating to plants, rituals and sacred places. There is plenty of research on the benefits of air cleansing plants, cut flowers, plasma (fire), good lighting, biophilia, aromatherapy, rituals and placebo, etc. Also, studies in epigenetics suggest that perception of the environment will affect the expression of your genes and your health.
Space conditioning is space clearing and feng shui
The concept called ‘space conditioning’ was first proposed by researchers William A. Tiller, PhD; Walter E Dibble, Jr PhD; Michael J. Kohane, PhD. In 2012, Tiller WA, Tiller JE, Dibble WE Jr, Manek R, Manek N. published a paper The Buddha relics and evidence of physical space conditioning with unimprinted intention host devices.
OBJECTIVES: The objective of this study was to experimentally determine whether an unimprinted intention host device (IHD), electrically activated in the near presence of the Maitreya Buddhist relics for about 72 hours (3 nights), could be imprinted by its loving kindness essence into the IHD. This will be referred to as a “first-degree relic IHD.”
DESIGN: This first-degree relic IHD was placed in an unused, unconditioned room in a Scottsdale, AZ home in the presence of a water vessel (pH ~ 5.6) being continuously monitored via a pH-sensor system that was computer recorded. This particular IHD was electrically switched on. Initially, no intention instructions were given to the system. After about 2200 hours, an intention statement was written to respectfully ask the first-degree relic IHD that the excess thermodynamic free energy aspect of this loving kindness essence be made manifest in this space so that its thermodynamic magnitude could be experimentally measured via the pH-sensor reading.
RESULTS: It was shown that during the first 3 months, only a small increase in water pH was recorded. However, during the postintention period, the pH increased by about +2.5 pH units or ~ 60 meV increase in the thermodynamic free energy of the physical space, a very significant change. The excess thermodynamic free energy suggests that a fundamental change of the gauge symmetry state of the unconditioned room had occurred to a higher state.
CONCLUSIONS: The following were concluded in this study: (1) Imprinting meaningful information onto a simple unimprinted IHD via passive exposure to the Buddha relics is possible. (2) Activating this IHD information to, in turn, imprint itself onto the space of a particular room so that a quantitative thermodynamic measure of its energetic essence can be physically realized is also possible. (3) Crucially, a verbal request from a deep meditative state by four humans appeared to be a necessary condition for this “embedded loving kindness essence” to manifest itself in this way.
Conscious Acts of Creation by Dr William A. Tiller examines in detail how human consciousness ‘changes space’ and ‘conditions space.’
Why call a feng shui and space clearing expert?
Most people have an attachment to things, especially in their own homes so it’s easier and practical to hire somebody else to help with decluttering and space clearing. Also, feng shui and space clearing consultant will check for electromagnetic pollution, dirty electricity, geopathic stress with specialist equipment which most people don’t have.
• I’ve got almost 30 years of expertise in feng shui and space clearing, with over 10 000 consultations
• I’m also an environmental psychologist so my suggestions are in line with evidence-based feng shui practice
• I will make extensive checks for geopathic stress, electromagnetic pollution, dirty electricity, sick building syndrome, etc and offer solutions – which some (classical) feng shui consultants don’t include (read about the difference between classical feng shui and modern feng shui). These are now recognised as 80% of environmental stressors.
• I’m also a sleep expert and your bedroom is the most important room in the house
• My feng shui suggestions are always tailor-made to your needs and I follow person-centred feng shui practice