We spend a lot of time in our bedrooms or sleeping
An average a person sleeps for about 8 hours a day, which means that one sleeps for one-third of one’s life. Sleep is very important. Sleep research suggests that with bad sleep (especially the lack of deep sleep) your blood pressure rises, you eat more calories, your immune system suffers, you mood deteriorates and even you become less attractive to the opposite sex. There are tons of research on the importance of sleep for our health, wellness, relationships, learning and memory, as well as performance and success at work.
Sleep is recognised as the most important aspect of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health
As a feng shui consultant, I believe that our bedrooms are the most important rooms to feng shui for our health, wealth and success. After feng shui-ing over 10 000 bedrooms in my 28+ years career as a feng shui consultant, I can testify that most problems in life start in our bedrooms, with inefficient and bad sleep. Feng shui your bedroom and optimise your sleep and you’ll be in a better position to sort out any issue in your personal and professional life. As a feng shui consultant, I look at bedrooms from classical feng shui perspective and modern feng shui by checking for geopathic stress, electromagnetic pollution and dirty electricity among other things.
How to feng shui your bedroom – top expert tips
- Sleep in the power position ie as far as possible from the door with the view of the door.
- Sleep in total darkness – or get an eye mask from Amazon. Ban the blue light from mobile phones and devices because it mimics daylight and inhibits the production of sleep hormone melatonin. Most people sleep but not well because they confuse the body with lights which doesn’t produce the optimal levels of melatonin and they don’t go into the deep sleep which is the sweet spot for rejuvenation and rest.
- Switch off the wifi internet broadband for the night to minimise the electro-smog.
- Check for geopathic stress.
- A foam mattress is ideal because it doesn’t contain any metal which can amplify electro-smog.
- Install a demand switch for your bedroom – which will cut off unnecessary electricity/electro-smog during sleep – if possible.