The key aspect of a healthy pregnancy is to remove environmental stressors and toxins and boost positivity in your home.
There is plenty of research suggesting that air quality and air pollution can have a serious effect on your pregnancy.
• Get a good air purifier such as Dyson air purifier.
• Air quality can be improved with air cleansing plants and boosting negative ions with negative ion generators.
• Don’t use candles since these are air pollutants. If you want to recreate a nice warm glow of the fire, use Himalayan salt lamps or plasma lamps.
Water you drink and use for showering or bathing will affect your overall health too.
• Get a water filter – ideally, you should have a whole house water filter (you absorb more chlorine from showering than from drinking water because of water droplets). Please check if it’s possible to install it your home before ordering. I recommend http://itdoesthejob.com/water/filtration/ Mention my name (Jan Cisek) and you’ll get 15% off the price.
Or use shower head water filter
Electromagnetic pollution and radiation
Microwave oven radiation can affect your health because all microwave ovens leak radiation. Read this article http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx
• Get rid of the microwave oven or never use it.
Electrical radiation and dirty electricity
• Check the levels of dirty electricity and electro-smog to minimise it.
• Hopefully, you don’t have a smart meter. Research suggests a negative effect of such devices.
• Minimise the use your mobile phone or use the speakerphone function. Research from Japan suggests that heavy use of mobile phone is linked to low sperm count. Also, damaged sperm is linked to miscarriages. About one in four pregnancies end up in miscarriage.
• If you have an electric hob, check the electro-smog levels and avoid standing near it too much.
• Avoid using hair dryers with high electromagnetic pollution.
Sleep is critical for health and melatonin (sleep hormone) production is affected by light and electro-smog.
• Sleep in total darkness – or get an eye mask from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=eye+mask
• Switch off the wifi internet broadband for the night to minimise the electro-smog.
• Don’t use metal beds and a foam mattress is ideal because it doesn’t contain any metal which can amplify electro-smog. http://abacaorganic.co.uk/mattresses/latex-mattresses/ramsey-firm
Mention my name (Jan Cisek) and you’ll get 15% off the price.
• Install a demand switch for your bedroom – which will cut off unnecessary electricity/electro-smog during sleep – if possible. http://www.equilibrauk.com/demand.shtml
Sleeping on geopathic stress can lower your immune system and can cause all kinds of health issues.
• Get your home and especially bedroom check for geopathic stress. Contact me for more info.
Painting and decorating
If you need to do painting or decorating – choose eco paints and air the rooms well. Choose from the list of eco paints below.
• Aglaia eco-paints has been manufacturing in Germany since 1968 using only natural ingredients. aglaiapaint.co.uk
• Auro Petrochemical-free paints made using natural raw materials from environmentally managed sources. Tel 01452 772020; auro.co.uk
• Biofa All types of eco paints for all use. Tel 01273 808370; https://www.biofapaint.co.uk
• earthBorn The only UK brand to carry the EU eco-label flower accreditation. Tel 01928 734171; earthbornpaints.co.uk
• Ecos Totally VOC and solvent-free eco paints for interior and exterior use, with the British Allergy Foundation’s seal of approval. Tel 01524 852371; ecosorganicpaints.co.uk
Joy and happiness
Cultivate positive emotions and surround yourself with happy and joyful images.
Avoid negative images or negative news. Your baby can sense your feelings.
Listen to calm, joyful music. From around 18 weeks of pregnancy, your little one hears their very first sounds and the hearing sense will improve even more as the weeks pass. Classical baroque music (Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, etc) is relaxing and has healing qualities.
Since your baby can hear sounds, reading aloud will entrain your baby to reading rhythm and your voice.
There is no doubt that foods you eat will shape your body and the body of your baby. Choose organic produce since you don’t want to eat pesticides. Research has discovered a link between dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDP) and autism as well as other developmental problems.
• Have only ceramic, glass, marble pots and pans. Don’t use aluminium cookware. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visions-VS-300-CL-6pc-Saucepan/dp/B004GY4JMQ