Feeling safe and secure is critical to our health, development and success. Feng shui aims at creating safe, healthy and harmonious environments for working and living to allow us to thrive.
Albert Einstein asked this very potent and as always a current question: “I think the most important question facing humanity is, ‘Is the universe a friendly place?’ This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves.
For if we decide that the universe is an unfriendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries and our natural resources to achieve safety and power by creating bigger walls to keep out the unfriendliness and bigger weapons to destroy all that which is unfriendly and I believe that we are getting to a place where technology is powerful enough that we may either completely isolate or destroy ourselves as well in this process.
If we decide that the universe is neither friendly nor unfriendly and that God is essentially ‘playing dice with the universe’, then we are simply victims to the random toss of the dice and our lives have no real purpose or meaning.
But if we decide that the universe is a friendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries and our natural resources to create tools and models for understanding that universe. Because power and safety will come through understanding its workings and its motives.
God does not play dice with the universe.”
Feng shui for feeling secure and safe
The aims of feng shui is to optimise your home and workplace, so it works for you and feels safe and secure. Feeling safe and secure is of paramount importance to our wellness and performance. To thrive and develop we need to feel safe.
Oxytocin is a hormone that is released when we feel safe and secure. Oxytocin is also known as a bonding and love hormone which allows us to trust and learn as we grow up. Oxytocin is an evolutionary antidote for stress hormone cortisol. Optimising your furniture positioning and arrangement can help to boost oxytocin release and reduce stress.
One of the fundamental functions of feng shui is to help you to stay and feel safe and secure in your immediate environment, so you’re free to focus on what you want to do. Environmental stressors are a huge drain on your energy. In feng shui, the management of your energy is the most important principle. From a scientific perspective, energy is a charge, and when you take charge of your home or workplace, you take charge of your life and your business.
Top feng shui tips how to make your home and workplace feel safe and secure
- Arrange your furniture in such a way, so you’re sitting in the command, power position which is furthermost from the door and with the support of a wall.
- Make your home secure. Make sure that your front and back doors are strong, secure and doorbells work.
- Minimise any dangerous aspects of your interior design, especially around doors and staircases, so you don’t trip or hurt yourself.
- Check the layout of your home and the energy flow as well as the traffic, ie how you move from one space to another. Is it all ergonomically arranged?
- Sleep in safe space, free from geopathic stress and electromagnetic pollution as well as air pollution. Position your bed in the power position of your bedroom.
- Have a solid headboard and footboard. You need to feel safe to have a good sleep which is critical for your health and wellness.
- Place protection or spiritual symbols around the front door to make yourself feel safe and secure. If that’s not your thing, security cameras work well as an additional security feature.